Morning! Today we’re using more of those yummy apples we picked in our breakfast – pancakes! And these are great because they are sweetened naturally using the apples. They have NO SUGAR! They freeze really well, so make a big batch so you can eat them all week.
Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (any kind of) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (see my homemade vanilla extract recipe here)
- cooking spray
- 1 apple, diced
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots; take care as to not over-mix.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Lightly spray oil to coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. When the pancake starts to bubble, add your chopped apples. When the bubbles settle and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Makes 12-14 pancakes. Enjoy!