It’s time to break out that crock-pot and put it to good use this Fall with chilis, slow-cooked meats and this stuffed steak.
If you look through my archives, you may have noticed that I love stuffing meat with different ingredients. This one in particular helps keep the tender and not chewy like flank steak can sometimes be.
If you make this in the morning, you’ll have a tasty dinner waiting for you when you get home at night. Who wouldn’t want that?!
Flank Steak Stuffed with Apple, Feta & Almonds
- 1.5-2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 heaping cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 whole apple, diced
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- Place the flank steak in a plastic ziplock bag with the honey and soy sauce and marinate overnight, or at least 1 hour.
- In the morning, remove the meat from the marinade, and put it on a cutting board. Combine the feta cheese, garlic, apple, and chopped almonds in a mixing bowl and put cheese filling in the middle of the flank steak. Roll it up and use toothpicks to seal it closed. Place the meat in a 4 or 6 quart crockpot, seam-side down.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for about 3-4 hours. Remove and slice carefully to serve. Enjoy!