Apple picking season is here!!! It’s one of my favorite times of year – big chunky sweaters, blankets, Fall foliage, hot apple cider and a slice of the yummiest apple crisp right out of the oven.
I’ll be sharing tons more sweet and savory apple dishes this week, but I wanted to start this week off on a sweet note. I hope you like it!
- 7 small-medium sized apples – peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square or round baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter (or 2 forks) to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes. Enjoy!