I like to call this ‘magic chicken’ because it’s a fun way to eat your veggies. It’s like not knowing what’s inside a present and then when you get to open it, you get the treat of ooey-gooey yumminess.
In all seriousness, this is really easy to make and you can even prep them in the morning so all you have to do is brown them on the stove and pop them in the oven before you’re ready to eat.
Stuffed Spinach Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach or 1 box frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and drizzle with olive. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Set chicken aside.
- In a small bowl, add the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- In another small bowl, add cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, spinach, garlic, red pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and stir well to combine. Spoon the mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts in a greased frying pan and brown each breast for 2-3 minutes. Repeat on other side. Place in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite rice or pasta and enjoy!