Apple picking season begins in a few short weeks and this is a great savory dish to make with those pounds of apples you pick. It’s full of autumn smells and flavors. Tip: when you cook the pork loin, keep the fat on. It will keep it moist when it’s cooking. You can remove it when serving or if shredding it, mix it in!+ cooking
Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Roast
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced with skins on
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, cut and smashed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a slow cooker, add broth and onions first. Lay the pork over tenge onions and lay apples on top. Then add honey, garlic, and spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and let it rest before cutting, about 10 minutes. Serve with a spoonful of the onion and apple mixture on top. Enjoy!