I crave chocolate and peanut butter ALL THE TIME. Just ask my dad – he’s the one who got me hooked on the combination years ago.
The thing is though, I hate how bad a Reeses’s Peanut Butter cup is for you. So, I adapted this recipe from Runner’s World to my needs. It has all the chocolatey goodness and creamy peanut butter you could ever want but in a healthier way.
I eat these right out of the freezer and I’m sure you will too!
No-Bake Healthy Reese's Bites
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (the best you can find)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract (see my homemade recipe here)
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12 mini paper muffin cups.
- To make the chocolate: In a small bowl, microwave 1/3 cup coconut oil for 30 seconds, or just until melted. Stir in the cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Place 1 teaspoon of the chocolate in each muffin cup to fill the bottom. Place the muffin tin in the freezer until the chocolate solidifies, about 5 minutes.
- To make the peanut butter filling: In a small bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons coconut oil for 30 seconds, or just until melted. Use a fork to stir in the peanut butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Spoon about a tablespoon of peanut butter filling on top of the chocolate. Then spoon another 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate on top of the peanut butter filling to fill the cups. Place peanut butter cups in the freezer until solid, about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!