Ever have one of those days where you just NEED to eat a cake? Today was one of them but I had a toddler begging for my attention and a screaming infant. With only 5-minutes to spare, I quickly prepared this with the fresh blueberries from the farmers market, popped it in the oven and voilà! Instant cake. You’ll love it, I promise!
5-Ingredient Blueberry Skillet Dump Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (use super-fine sugar if you can find it or just buzz regular granulated sugar in a blender/food processor for a few seconds just before it becomes a powder so the cake isn’t grainy)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a non-stick pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and let it cool slightly. Once slightly cooled, whisk in the flour, sugar and milk and combine until no big clumps remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared skillet. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly around the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until edges start to turn slightly brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!