I crave pasta a lot, but it’s not healthy to eat all the time. So zoodles are a great alternative! I nearly fooled my two year old into thinking they were spaghetti, nearly!
You can prep this in the morning and it cooks up in under 10 minutes before dinner time. Easy peasy!
Garlic Shrimp with Green Bean & Squash Zoodle Saute
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and chopped into thirds
- 2 yellow squash, spiralized
- 1 carrot, peeled and spiralized
- 10 mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (if frozen, defrost first)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put green beans in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender-crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash, carrot and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In emptied skillet pan, add remaining oil and cook garlic, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
- Divide the squash sautee among 4 plates, top with green beans and shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper and enjoy!