I love eating soup! In the winter, I eat it everyday, so I miss it when the weather gets warmer. But the good thing about this recipe is it’s so light that you can eat it in hot weather and not feel weighed down. It’s healthy and a million times better than what you’ll get from a can.
Vegetable Bean Soup
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of black beans, drained and washed
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of white beans, drained and washed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!