This is one of those semi-homemade meals that you can decide to make last minute any night of the week and not feel guilty after you eat it. You can grill it, pan fry it or even bake it – it’s super easy! I love my cast-iron skillet, so I tend to use that whenever I cook if I can’t grill.
Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pear Salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 pieces)
- 1/2 Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 ripe pineapple, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 large pear, diced
- Large bunch cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded (optional)
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- 4 handmade, whole wheat tortillas (or any kind you have)
- Dollop of sour cream (optional)
- To prepare chicken, marinade in teriyaki sauce for at least an hour or overnight. Once marinated, cook chicken on medium-low heat in a cast-iron skillet (or on grill) for 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken). Once done, remove and set-aside.
- To prepare salsa, combine pepper, onion, pineapple, pear, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, and seasoning in a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
- To serve, warm tortillas over open flame for 5-10 seconds on each side. Remove. Chop chicken and layer salsa over chicken in the tortilla. Top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve and enjoy!