Ever go to a steakhouse and order the creamed spinach only to find it’s all cream and no spinach? This creamed spinach will change your opinions on creamed spinach forever! It’s the perfect ratio of spinach to creaminess. And it pairs perfectly with any bbq’d meat.
BBQ Chicken Over Creamed Spinach
- 2 extra large chicken breasts, skin-on, bone removed (still intact from a butcher is best)
- 1 box frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, chopped
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Heat grill to 350 degrees. Prepare chicken by laying it on a baking sheet and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and grill for 30-40 minutes. Once cooked, remove from grill and cover with foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes while making the creamed spinach.
- To make the creamed spinach, defrost spinach in a small saucepan. Once defrosted, remove and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add cream cheese and milk and cook, stirring occasionally until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in spinach. Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens, Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken over creamed spinach and enjoy!