We try to eat fish once a week not just because it’s healthy, but because it’s so versatile. It can handle most marinades and many different cooking methods. This one is particularly easy and you could even throw a few extra veggies on the sheet pan and cook them all together if you need to empty the fridge!
Honey Mustard Fish with Kohlrabi & Beet Salad
- 4 cod or tilapia fillets (4oz – 5oz each)
- 1/2 cup mustard vinaigrette (6 tablespoons dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large kohlrabi, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 medium raw beets, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk marinade ingredients together and coat fish. Top with lemon juice and salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, prepare salad: Place the shredded kohlrabi, shredded beets, chopped apple, and parsley, in a large salad bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and salt + pepper. Gently drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to mix.
- Remove fish from oven, serve and enjoy!
Interesting and delicious combination of ingredients, this is a must-try!