About once a month, I get a craving for some creamy, decadent Italian food. This ravioli and garlic bread dish satisfies every desire – the pasta is cheesy and rich while the garlic bread is buttery and crunchy. It’s not healthy, at all, but it is soooooo good!
For my two-year old, I cut the ravioli into pieces and mix in some frozen peas or edamame.
Creamy Ravioli & Garlic Bread
- 1 large package frozen ravioli
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- Sprinkling of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Sprinkling of garlic powder
- Sprinkling of fresh parsley, chopped
Ravioli & Sauce:
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Rub garlic cloves on inside of bread. Set garlic aside. Butter the bread and sprinkle garlic powder and parsley on top. Mince garlic cloves and sprinkle on top. Place bread on a lined sheetpan in middle of oven for 8-10 minutes, until edges start to turn slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- While the bread is baking, bring salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and cook ravioli according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the bread is baking and the pasta is cooking, make the sauce in a small saucepan: melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add the milk and spices stirring constantly so no lumps form. Continue cooking for a few minutes until thick. Remove from heat and pour over ravioli.
- Cut garlic bread, serve with pasta and enjoy!