It sounds like an easy dinner, doesn’t it? Well, it is! If you use fresh ingredients, anything can taste like a 5-star meal.
These turkey burgers are basic and delicious, but what takes them over the top are the fresh herbs, tomatoes and lettuce from our garden. I wish we could grow corn too, but alas, city living. We ended up buying this corn from last weekends farmer’s market and I find the best way to cook it is soaking it in water before grilling it so it steams them from the inside out. Don’t skip the soaking step as it really makes all the difference!
Turkey Burgers & Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 large garlic clove
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- In a large pot, soak corn in corn husks for 20 minutes.
- While corn is soaking, mix ground turkey > salt and pepper in a large bowl to form 4 patties.
- Remove corn from water and grill on medium heat (about 350 degrees) for 20 minutes. At the same time, grill the patties turning once until an internal temperature of 180 degrees is reached.
- Remove corn from grill and let cool before removing husks. Remove burgers from grill and top with favorite burger toppings. Enjoy!