Slow-cooked food makes your home smell delicious, plain and simple! So when I discovered a way to combine my love of slow cooking with spice, it seemed like a no brainer!
These meatballs are insanely easy to make and make over 40 meatballs, so they’re great for eating now and saving some for later.
Slow-Cooker Honey Hot Sauce Meatballs
– 2 pounds lean ground beef
– 2 eggs
– 22 saltine crackers, ground (approx. 1 cup)
– 1/3 cup dry minced onion
– 1/3 cup milk
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 tsp EACH – garlic powder, onion powder, salt
– 1/2 tsp EACH – chili powder, paprika, cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, plus more to taste (if desired)
– 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
– 1/4 cup apricot preserves
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
– 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with Silpat or foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and add to remaining ‘meatball’ ingredients. Mix until combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size and place onto baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add all of the sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk.
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with some sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking. When done, taste and stir in additional hot wings sauce. Keep warm until serving over rice. Enjoy!