Last night, we had turkey burgers, sweet potatoes and cole slaw for dinner, a perfect combo for a summer night. Rather than having just a basic sweet potato, we dished up some spicy baked sweet potato fries instead.
The secret to having crispy baked fries is to toss them in corn starch. It removes all the excess moisture helping to make them extra crispy.
Spicy Sweet Potato French Fries
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into fries
- 2-3 tablespoons corn starch (start with 2 and add a 3rd if sweet potatoes are extra large)
- 2 teaspoons chili lime seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut 3 sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch fries. Once cut, put them in a Ziploc bag with corn starch and seasonings.
- Pour out onto a sheet pan making sure none of the fries overlap and drizzle with oil. Stir and lay each fry out flat again.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally throughout. Serve immediately and enjoy!