Breast feeding isn’t easy. But this smoothie makes those first few weeks a little bit more tolerable. Smoothies are a great alternative to lactation cookies as they keep you fuller for longer. And then you don’t feel like you’re eating a box of cookies everyday (unless you want to!).
You can find powdered peanut butter, flax meal and brewer’s yeast at most supermarkets or health food stores. And I like to use a frozen banana to make it more frothy, but you can use any ripe bananas you have on hand too.
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon brewer’s yeast
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2tablespoon honey
- To prepare ahead of time, combine oatmeal>pumpkin pie spice in a bag and store until ready.
- Once ready, combine remaining ingredients in a blender and blend to desired consistency. Enjoy!