A tasty, quick week-night dinner with a healthy cream-sauce alternative. Kid-friendly and parent approved!
Pappardelle & Shrimp with a Corn Crema
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large ears corn, shucked and kernels removed or 2 cups frozen corn
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, trimmed
- 1 pound pappardelle
- 1/2 pound shrimp, devined (and defrosted if frozen)
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Heat 2T oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and simmer corn until heated through and almost tender, 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper and transfer to a blender; purée crema until smooth. Add water as needed to smooth out.
- Using same cast iron skillet, cook scallions until charred, 2-3 minutes, in 1T oil. Transfer scallions to a cutting board and mince.
- In the same cast iron skillet, sautee shrimp until pink on both sides in last tablespoon of oil. Transfer to a dish and remove tails.
- Mix pasta, shrimp, corn crema, and remaining water to saucepan and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and grate parmesan cheese over the top. Enjoy immediately!