I adore my crock-pot and try to use it whenever I can. I prefer it to lots of other cooking methods because of how good it makes the house smell. And nothing beats making a scrumptious dinner in less than 2-minutes. Well, the preparation that is!
This chicken dinner can be the basis for many dinners – shred the chicken and make tacos (like here), or serve it over a seasoned rice and veg. You can even make a casserole with the chicken you made in your crock-pot. The possibilities are endless!
Crock-pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- 1 pound skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 16 oz jar of salsa verde
- 1 pound rainbow carrots
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Season chicken with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cumin and salt and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with salsa verde, cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- While chicken is cooking, making the carrot slaw: grate carrots in a food processor or a box grater. Whisk remaining ingredients (mustard>salt) in a separate bowl until blended. Mix in carrots and toss until well coated. Top with black pepper.
- Remove chicken from crock-pot once cooked, and shred with 2 forks.
- Remove 2/3 cup of liquid from the slow cooker, and discard.
- Serve shredded chicken in a taco shell topped with carrot slaw. Enjoy!