Burritos are a great way to start/end the week – they empty your fridge and are so easy to make. They’re messy to eat and not always the prettiest things to look at, but they’re so tasty!
I used to be a vegetarian, so I’m always keen on keeping to my routes, but Trevor loves meats. This recipe can easily be adaptable to either method!
Bean & Cheese Burritos
- 2 large wraps, either white or whole wheat
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1 cup yellow rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded (optional)
- Chicken, steak, fish, or other protein (optional)
- Warm wraps in either microwave for 15 seconds or over open flame on stove for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and spread half of avocado on each wrap.
- Layer remaining ingredients into wrap and fold up (once from the bottom, in on both sides and then roll until closed). Enjoy!
You can also top with sour cream or hot sauce! A side salad goes great with this too.