Burritos are a great way to start/end the week – they empty your fridge and are so easy to make. They’re messy to eat and not always the prettiest things to look at, but they’re so tasty!
I used to be a vegetarian, so I’m always keen on keeping to my routes, but Trevor loves meats. This recipe can easily be adaptable to either method!
Bean & Cheese Burritos
- 2 large wraps, either white or whole wheat
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1 cup yellow rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded (optional)
- Chicken, steak, fish, or other protein (optional)
- Warm wraps in either microwave for 15 seconds or over open flame on stove for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat and spread half of avocado on each wrap.
- Layer remaining ingredients into wrap and fold up (once from the bottom, in on both sides and then roll until closed). Enjoy!