It’s my second pregnancy – I’m now 35 weeks and desperately craving sweets. But, I know how important diet is when you’re pregnant, so eating healthy has been a big focus for me this time around. It’s really helped too! I try to have fruit and yogurts instead of cakes and ice cream, although cakes and ice cream do creep in sometimes too!
This recipe is one of my go-to’s because it’s so sweet and satisfies my pregnancy sweets-cravings in just 20-minutes. It’s meant to serve 4, but can easily be multiplied. And, it can be used on anything from ice cream to pancakes!
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1/8-1/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet the rhubarb is)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tablespoons water)
- Place the diced rhubarb in a large pot and fill with enough water so that it is almost covered.
- Bring to a boil. Then simmer until starting to fall apart, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently mashing the rhubarb as it cooks.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the dissolved cornstarch mixture. Slowly add in 1/8 cup sugar and cinnamon until sugar has dissolved. Taste and add more sugar, if needed.
- Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!