Wednesday night is the point in the week when I start to get really tired and wanting to just order take out for dinner. Quick, healthy meals like this one help keep me in check since I know I can make it faster than it can be ordered and delivered. And, I know exactly what’s in it!
I also love recipes that ‘trick’ me into thinking I’m eating something glutenous when in fact they’re super healthy. An added bonus is my two-year old is none-the-wiser to the fact that this is made with cauliflower instead of rice. A win-win for this mom whose kid has an addiction to carbs!
Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger*, minced
- 1 cup carrot and pea mixture, frozen
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound bag of cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen shrimp (defrosted), peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 3 onion sprigs, finely chopped
- Preheat large skillet on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, and peas and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Push vegetables to the side and add eggs. Cook until scrambled, stirring constantly. Mix into vegetable mix once scrambled.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and cook until warm.
- Push cauliflower rice to the side and add honey and soy sauce, stir well. Turn heat off and cover.
- While the cauliflower rice mixture is finishing cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a separate pan and cook shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and chop into cauliflower mixture. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy!