Salad gets a bad wrap for being too healthy or for people on diets. But they can be tasty and are so easy to make. Using any green as a base, just empty your fridge and pantry into your bowl and you have a quick meal any time of day. I didn’t have any meat or fish leftover today since we had pizza Friday last night, so I sprinkled some flax meal into the dressing. It’s an easy, tasteless way of adding protein. Enjoy!
- Greens (Spinach, kale, romaine, or any other kind of green)
- Vegetables (any combination of carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, radishes, peas, onions, etc…)
- Fruit (apple, strawberries, raisins, etc…)
- Protein (grilled chicken, salmon, leftover steak, beans, tofu, nuts & seeds, flax meal, etc…)
- Dressing (mix 1/2 olive oil with 1/2 balsamic vinegar and season with salt & pepper)
- Chop all ingredients and mix in bowl.
- Top with dressing and enjoy!