My husband, Trevor, is a big fan of sweet chili sauce. I put it in anything I can!
These shrimp cakes are amazing – they’re flexible and easy enough to make during the week for a quick dinner and you can use a lot of freezer and pantry items. They’re crunchy and pair perfectly with a broccoli slaw. And, they’re toddler approved!
- 1 pound peeled, deveined & chopped shrimp (I used frozen shrimp and defrosted it over night)
- 1 1/3 cups panko
- 2/3 cup diced vegetable (either a pepper, cucumber or riced cauliflower)
- 1/2 small diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (can add more if you like the taste of lime)
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients (except the oil) in a medium bowl.
- Shape mixture into 12 patties, and dredge patties in remaining 2/3 cup panko.
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 shrimp patties to skillet at a time, and cook until crispy and well browned.
- Repeat with remaining oil and remaining shrimp patties.
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Um ….. Yeah!