Tasty, healthy and protein packed, this breakfast toast is the perfect way to start your morning.
As a runner, I am always looking for ways to combine flavor with healthy meals. This whole wheat toast is layered with avocado, heirloom tomatoes and an egg (mine is hard boiled because I’m pregnant, but this would taste amazing with a soft, runny egg too)! Here’s how to make it:
- Any kind of bread (I used whole wheat toast here)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 4 mini heirloom tomatoes, or tomato of your choice
- 1 cooked egg
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Toast bread and immediately spread avocado over toast while warm.
- Season with bagel seasoning, salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut heirloom tomatoes and layer on top of toast. Top with cooked egg of your choice.